The Inspiration page on WordPress is one of my favourite places to visit, and it’s never short on inspirational quotes. I feel there is something truly beautiful and priceless about nurturing another soul with a few wise words. So…I thought I’d give it a go, in the spirit of ‘paying forward’ what I’ve learnt so far.
Here are my 10 ‘Dawny Quotes’
1. If you are creative you are blessed! For there is no right or wrong in ‘Art’. No matter how awful you deem your poem, or the picture you paint… someone somewhere will think it’s fabulous.
2. Anger may well be the most complex and potentially dangerous emotion of the lot. Therefore, learn early, that when you lose your temper, you need to find your silence at the same time.
3. Faith in God is exactly the same thing as faith in love. There is not a soul on this earth who has lived a life untouched by love in some way or another. If you doubt God, just remember love until the doubt subsides. Read the rest of this entry
“Hey author, I just read 5 of your posts and I have no idea what they were about”
“Hey reader, I am aware of the posts in question. I’m afraid I also have no idea”
“But author, you wrote them”
“Oh reader, I know. They are memoirs courtesy of ‘Ms Insanity Pants’. The day you need to worry is the day you relate”
“Oh author, you have a point!”
“Oh reader, I always have a point, just not a great memory”
(Damn you word limit of 50 😉 – 78 words)
I was talking to a friend last week about ‘morning stress’…
We covered the common pitfalls, such as :-
– Sleeping through the alarm clock
– Falling back to sleep and dreaming that you are getting ready for work
– Scraping the ice off of the car windscreen for 20 minutes
– Going to work with blobs of toothpaste all over your shirt
– Forgetting the important meeting on the day you look like shit on a stick
– Staying up all night raving, and going into work at 5am to make sandwiches a little too well oiled
But this little story surely trumps them all when it comes to –
The worst morning surprise ever!!!
I was working as a waitress (in a cocktail bar, when I met you)…Sorry, sidelined to the song there
Anyhoo…I had 20 minutes ’til I had to leave and I was watching a bit of morning TV and smoking a fag. To paint the scene properly, I’ll tell you that I live in a very small flat and from my spot on the sofa, I can see the hallway and the kitchen. My two cats were beating each other up in the hallway (nothing new there) and after a few stationary swipes, the running after each other began again in earnest, and they came tearing through the lounge and into the kitchen at around 50mph…(I kid you not, they sound like buffalo charging when they’re in full speed mode, and I think they come from a long line of Cheetah’s, as opposed to your standard moggy’s!) Read the rest of this entry
I would like to thank the IT genius’, who bob around in the background doing their ‘thang’ on WordPress
The fact that it is snowing on my stats page, is to me, an ‘ickle miracle!
How cute and marvellous in equal measure!
Let it snow Let it snow Let it snow 🙂
Merry Xmas dear dwellers of tut Bloggusphere
Read the rest of this entry
He was made of the toughest material
He was almost 100% solid. Solid as a rock
His only weakness was a hair-line crack along his right side. Damage from childhood
He protected the crack with all of his might
One day, someone tapped him too hard, and he shattered into thousands of pieces
He lay amongst his sharp and rocky tatters
And he made a decision
He would put himself back together with super glue
When he was finished, he had gaps all over his body
Toes were missing, his left thigh was half the thickness it used to be…He had virtually no left arm to speak of Read the rest of this entry