The Inspiration page on WordPress is one of my favourite places to visit, and it’s never short on inspirational quotes. I feel there is something truly beautiful and priceless about nurturing another soul with a few wise words. So…I thought I’d give it a go, in the spirit of ‘paying forward’ what I’ve learnt so far.
Here are my 10 ‘Dawny Quotes’
1. If you are creative you are blessed! For there is no right or wrong in ‘Art’. No matter how awful you deem your poem, or the picture you paint… someone somewhere will think it’s fabulous.
2. Anger may well be the most complex and potentially dangerous emotion of the lot. Therefore, learn early, that when you lose your temper, you need to find your silence at the same time.
3. Faith in God is exactly the same thing as faith in love. There is not a soul on this earth who has lived a life untouched by love in some way or another. If you doubt God, just remember love until the doubt subsides.
4. If you pray for something and life delivers you the opposite, then the opposite is what you need.
5. They say 1st impressions last, but more often than not they change. The 1st time you misjudge someone, only to find hidden treasure in their centre; decide to listen less to ‘them’, and lean more on your own patience.
6. Time does not exist and neither does place. Both are inventions that allow us to try new things; and to teach us to ‘be’. When you are at peace with just ‘being’ you…everything you ever did in every time and every place, becomes instantly worth it.
7. No matter how much you know, no matter how much you learn, history will make you at least partially idiotic, just 100 years later. ‘I don’t know’ is the wisest thing a person can say.
8. If life presents you with a complex turd of a situation, and there is no passage from the bible or advice from others to guide you through it, remember 2 things…Be nice to others, and be nice to yourself
9. If you cannot decide whether someone in your life is a ‘good or bad’ thing, remember that every single person you meet has the potential to teach you something; therefore…everybody is at least ‘part good’…
There you go! 🙂 I will be most chuffed if just one of these, inspires just one of you