I don’t know why I h
ate dislike the word success so much
Except I do
1) I think someone’s trying to tell me that, sooner or later, I/we will be ‘good’ enough to achieve success, and I automatically presume it is meant in the British sense, work work work, get a career, find a mate, have kids etc
2) My idea of success is not inline with the mainstream idea. Success to me is about who I am as a person, and how I am doing at ‘being’ (as in, to just ‘be’ me)
3) I realise that someone probably wrote that piece about success, due to their own ideas about what that is and how best to help someone achieve it. Then I’m torn between posting this moan insert and possibly pooping on some other blogger that has mentioned success today… (sorry dear blogger if this is the case) and being true to my blogs purpose, which is to express myself (and I also sometimes hope to inspire others when I’m not moaning)
We should at least allow each person to think long and hard about what success is to them, before everyone decides some kinda universal meaning on the word and how we obtain it. I should avoid the word when I’ve been dragged down by another word before it
4) It also irks me because I know the mainstream view(s) of success, and what this shoots my way subliminally, is someone telling me that my life is some sort of disaster because my independence doesn’t look the same as people with different capabilities
Rant Over…was like walking back in time typing that…the last time I had a moan, I deleted it, so for the sake of universal balance, I shall publish this beast 😉
And end by saying, I hope you all have a spandangly day, and also, that you take a second to ponder ‘success’…
It is open to debate (obviously)
What does success mean for you?
Dawny is a little bit hormonal today!
5) I don’t think there is a 5th